Education strengthens ones intelligence, capacity and creates a personality. Therefore by considering the great importance of education, Australian National University (ANU) is pleased to announce its Peter McGregor HDR Supplementary International funding for the academic year 2020/2021.
The purpose of this financial aid is to inspire exceptional students to acquire a PhD degree in astronomy and astrophysics at the Australian National University (ANU) with a unique emphasis on instrumentation development.
Australian National University is among the top research universities in the world and was founded in 1946. It is specially known for its programs, and it is the only university that was created by the Parliament of Australia.
The benefit of studying at the Australia National University (ANU) is, here students gets first-class educational opportunities as well as top-notch facilities that will prepare them for professional roles. They provide several accommodation options for students and a range of adjustable study options to match candidates’s needs.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applying to this programme is 16 November 2020.
- Institution: Australian National University
- Department: Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Sum of the award is about $6,000 each year
- Mode of Application: Online
- Number of Awards: One
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Nationalities: All countries of the world can apply
- Admissible Courses: PhD degree programme in Astronomy and Astrophysics, with a significant research instrumentation component.
- Acceptable Criteria: In order to be eligible, applicants must meet the following acceptable criteria:
- Fresh or progressing student who have enrolled in the PhD program at the Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics and is working on a project in astronomy and astrophysics that integrates instrumentation improvement or inventive use of instrumentation.
- You must also completed all the necessary milestones to the fulfillment of the Delegated Authority.
Method of Application
- Application Process: For you to be considered for this opportunity, you must take admission in a PhD degree programme at the Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics. No application is required, All eligible students will be instantly considered for the educational award.
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants are to submit their academic certificates, transcripts, a CV along side your application.
- Admission Criteria: Selection process is made based on the following criteria: (a) feasibility and originality of the research, which should have a significant instrumentation component, (b) research accomplishments and achievements, (c) impact or potential for impact, in the research areas ,(d) good citizenship and involvement with RSAA and a broader community
- Preferred Language: Overseas students are required to meet specific English language requirements in order to get consideration.
The Australian National University (ANU) will grant the following benefits:
- A scholarship worth $6,000 annually for Home and International students at Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics in Australia.
- The value of the award is stated in the letter of offer. The award is paid in bi-weekly installments