Thompson Rivers University in Canada is delighted to announce its Bahamas and Caribbean Scholarships to support those outstanding and motivated students with a study abroad dream. The study programme is accessible for the academic year 2021/2022.
The study programme is exclusively open to those Bahamas, Jamaica, or the Caribbean students who wish to undertake their preferred undergraduate degree in Canada. The students must have an excellent academic record to win this application and get a cash prize of $7,500.
Established 1970, Thompson Rivers University is a public teaching and research university ranked at the 49th position worldwide. They have a mission to serve the students and its community with high-quality and flexible education, training, research, and scholarship.
Why Study at Thompson Rivers University? Thompson Rivers University has made the students’ success and satisfaction its utmost priority. Students of TRU are offered flexible student services, hands-on learning opportunities, and a diverse, inclusive environment that empower them to reach their academic, professional, and personal goals.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
- Institution: Thompson Rivers University
- Department: Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts and Tourism or the School of Business and Economics
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Value of Award: $7500
- Number of Awards: NA
- To be taken at: Canada.
- Acceptable Nationalities: Citizens from the Bahamas, Jamaica, and the Caribbean countries are eligible to apply.
- Available Courses: Any undergraduate programme at the Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts and Tourism, or the School of Business and Economics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be considered, the applicants must have a strong academic record and recommendation.
Method of Application
- Application Process: Aspiring students are required to enroll through the EducationPlannerBC and apply to their preferred undergraduate programme. There is no need for separate application, Successful students will be awarded on admission application.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates are requested to submit the following documents:
- Degree certificate
- Letter of intent
- Proof of official name change, if applicable
- Admission Requirements: The applicants need a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS –6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- TOEFL CBT – 230
- MELAB – 81
- Duolingo – 110
- CANTest – 4.5 or above
- CAEL – 70 or higher
The Thompson Rivers University will provide the winners a sum of $7500 to utilize towards the cost of the applied undergraduate programme in Canada.