Chinese Government Scholarship 2021 is a completely funded scholarship. This scholarship is presented by the Chinese government to school at more than 280 Chinese Universities. International students from all over the globe are qualified to apply. Chinese Government Scholarship requires online application submission at CSC portal.
Deadline: not specified
Eligibility for Chinese Government Scholarship
- International Student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
- Should not be in possession of an additional scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- Minimum Age Requirement:
- Undergraduate students should not be beyond 25 years old
- Master’s degree age limit stops at 35 years
- Ph.D. degree, age limit stops at 40 years
- Minimum qualification:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or alike for undergraduate scholars,
- Should be bachelor degree for the master’s degree
- Should be master’s degree for the doctoral degree.
Benefits of Chinese Government Scholarship
Chinese Government Scholarship has the following benefits:
- Type A CSC Scholarshipfunds registration fees, housing (in a university abode in a shared room with another person), basic medical insurance and a monthly stipend for personal spending (amid 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan each month, approximately 350 and 500 USD respectively).
- Type B CSC Scholarship funds the same as the Type A scholarship, but the monthly stipend for personal spending.
- Type C CSC Scholarship is another kind of partial scholarship with minute benefits.
How to Apply for Chinese Government Scholarship
Application procedure for Chinese Government Scholarship:
- Application Period: The application period for CSC Scholarship is generally from January to April of each year. Some authorized agencies or universities have different deadlines. You ought to check the closing date of universities of your choice.
- The application for CSC Scholarship must first be completed online (in English or Chinese). Make different CSC portal accounts if you desire to apply beyond one University.
- At the beginning of the online application form, you will be asked to choose the type of scholarship according to its funding (A, B or C) and the number of approved agency or university (a code that you will see on the internet or that will be made available by the university, you have picked).
- The minute you have concluded all the information in the online application for Chinese Government Scholarship, you need to attach the necessary documents in PDF format (list is given below).
- After submission of your online Chinese Government Scholarship application, download this application.
- Select the Chinese University and Course here.
- Check if the Chinese University of your choice requires an online application for admission along with Chinese Government Scholarship application or not.
- If the university necessitates an online application then submit this application on the university’s website and attach your Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Make 2 sets of documents (list given below) and dispatch it to the University address.
- The results will be made public on the same page of the application as of mid-July. From that instant, the bodies begin to distribute by post, the essential documentation to process the study visa in the country of origin of the applicants.
Documents Required for Chinese Government Scholarship
Concluded application form: You will find it after registration on the official page of the Chinese government scholarships.
- Notary attested highest degree and transcript.
- Official medical form or Foreigner Physical Examination Form. You must add a copy of this form filled out by a doctor. Ensure the form is signed by the doctor and that it has an official seal of the hospital or medical center where you do it. Minimum of one stamp must be stamped on top of the formerly attached card photograph. Forms older than 6 months from the period of application are not recognized.
- CV written in English or Chinese: You can add a document that comprises information about your specialty and your academic desires, or fill it out directly in the corresponding section of the application form. Two letters of recommendation written in English or in Chinese from your previous university professors.
- TOEFL or IELTS Diploma if you are going to study in English and you are not native of an English-speaking country: The minimum scores of both diplomas are specified by each university for each type of course. If you don’t possess IELTS certificate, you can also make available.
- Study Plan / Research Proposal.
- Passport Copy.
- Although it is NOT an essential requirement to apply for this scholarship, if you have an HSKdiploma (level of Chinese) you must attach it. The Chinese government plans to finance up to two years of Chinese-language university studies so that you reach the level of Chinese required by the program you have chosen. Though, if you already possess a degree, your training will be a lower economic cost, so increases your odds of gaining the scholarship. This rationality does not apply to courses which are taught in English, since enrollment rates in these courses are twice as large as those taught in Chinese.
- Another important but not essential requirement is acceptanceletter issued by professors of a Chinese university where you want to take admission. Several universities favor candidates having acceptance letter and some universities have no requirement of acceptance letter but if you have acceptance letter it is good sign for you. If you are applying for university having limited quota of seats then also try for acceptance letter, you will be favored.
- Another important but not essential requirement is pre-admission letter from the destination university. This letter is given by the academic institution that you are desired as a student.
- Other documents: If you have research publications or any other distinction, you must attach them.
- If any particular Chinese University requires an application screening or an application process fee then submit it. Print its receipt and add it to the two sets of your documents itemized above