The Community Solutions Program (CSP), is a year-long development program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and executed by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX), provides people from all over the world the chance to improve their communities by addressing public issues that are related to peace, energy, transparency, gender conflicts, and women.
The intensive and professional development exchange will help them strengthen their capacity for management and leadership and gain valuable experience in community work.
In this program, candidates will get to spend 4 months in the US as community fellows in various organizations and then implement their training experience in their home countries for the rest of the year.
The program covers:
- J-1 visa support.
- Round-trip travel from the participants’ home country to the U.S.
- Monthly allowance will be provided in order to cover housing, meals, and living expenses during the program, while in the U.S.
- Accident and sickness insurance.
To be eligible for this scholarship the applicant must;
- Be between the ages of 25 and 38.
- Have two years’ experience, at least, of working on community development.
- Living and working in their homeland.
- Prove that they have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Shouldn’t be enrolled in any program in the US.
- Citizen of one of the eligible countries.
- Not a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S, nor have applied for the US permanent residency for the past three years.
- Committed to returning to their home country for at least two years after completing the program.
How to apply:
- The application for this program is done online.
- All answers should be in English except for names and locations.
- The applicant must solely complete the application.
- Applications must be submitted before the deadline: October 28, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
- Individuals may only submit one application.
For more details, check the official website: https://www.irex.org/program/community-solutions-program-application-information