Southern Illinois University is happy to announce its Chancellor’s International Awards for outstanding and deserving students to help them kick-start their educational journey in USA.
The aim of this educational programme is to support the international students who will commence an undergraduate degree coursework at the university in USA. The award is accessible for the academic year 2021/2022.
In Edwardsville, Illinois, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is a public doctoral/professional university. SIUE was founded as a branch of Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 1957. The Graduate School at the University offers graduate programs.
Why you should study at Southern Illinois University? The university is known for its warm and welcoming atmosphere. International students are well-served by the University in terms of admissions, immigration, academic advice, job placement, and cultural integration.
Application Deadline: 1 November 2021
- Institution: Southern Illinois University
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Value of Award: Educational Fund
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- To be taken at: USA
- Acceptable Nationalities: All countries of the world
- Available Courses: Any Course area in the undergraduate degree offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must have a high school certificate with a good academic record.
Method of Application
- Application Process: To grasp this opportunity, applicants must take admission in an undergraduate degree program at the university. After enrolling, they can apply for the funding opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates need to provide the following documents with their application: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Incoming aspirants, a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale is the minimum requirement
- Language Requirements: The following are accepted to receive a waiver of the English Language requirement:
- TOEFL – 68 on the internet-based test
- TOEFL – 520 on the paper-based test
- ITEP – 4.0 (academic plus only)
- IELTS – 6.0
- 2 Face-to-face English composition classes taken in the U.S. at the college level with a grade of A or B
- Have completed more than 48 college-level credit hours at a U.S. institution
- Are from a country whose primary language is English (i.e.: the United Kingdom, Australia as verified by admissions officer)
- Graduated from a U.S. high school having spent the final 2 years in the U.S.
Southern Illinois University will provide an educational fund to the winning students for their undergraduate degree in the USA.