Turn your ambitions into achievements by participating in the International Cultural Service Scholarships, provided by Portland State University in the USA. The educational programme is accessible for the academic year 2021/2022.
The award is designed to support international students who intends to undertake an undergraduate, graduate, PhD and post-baccalaureate degree program at the university in USA.
Established in 1946, Portland State University is a public research university situated in Portland, Oregon. It is composed of seven constituent colleges offering undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees in one hundred and twenty-three subject areas.
Application Deadline: 15 July 2021
- Institution: Portland State University
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, graduate, PhD or Post-baccalaureate.
- Available Scholarships: Not known
- To be taken at: USA
- Acceptable Nationalities: All countries of the world.
- Available Courses: Any course area offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be qualified, the aspirants must meet all the following requirements:
- Students must have a valid F-1 student visa and be maintaining that status.
- Then have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on all coursework at Portland State University.
- Before applying for the programme, undergraduate students must have at least sophomore status (45 credits completed).
Method of Application
- Application Process: All candidates are required to take admission to the university. The Application Form should be completed by logging in to WorldLink.
- Supporting Documents: These are the following supporting documents: Personal Statement, Financial Need Statement, Cultural Identity Essay, One sample cultural presentation, and The names and email addresses of two recommenders.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Language Requirement: For those applicants that cannot provide evidence of English language abilities, they will be placed in the Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway.
Portland State University will provide a grant of $3,250per term in fee remission to the motivated and talented international students.