MUCHE Industry Funded HDR international awards at Macquarie University, Australia is now available for outstanding and talented students who wish to acquire a higher degree abroad. The educational programme is open for the academic year 2021/2022.
The bursaries are an all-inclusive award that covers the tuition fee, travel expenses, a yearly stipend, and all other miscellaneous expenses. Students who wish to undertake a PhD degree program are welcome to apply.
Macquarie University is a public research university that is ranked 195th in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education. It has attained an overall score of 4.5 stars and aims to serve and engage the students and staff through transformative learning and life experiences.
Why study at Macquarie University? They provides first-class facilities, highly skilled graduates, and excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching. It is globally recognized as one of Australia’s leading research universities and prepares students for the future and encourages and supports them to develop practical skills to get better career opportunities.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2021
- Institution: Macquarie University
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: PhD
- Available Awards: Four
- Mode of Applying: Online
- To be taken at: Australia
- Acceptable Nationalities: All countries of the world
- Available Courses: Candidates can apply to take MRes Year 2 + PhD or direct-entry PhD programme at MU.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have enrolled in an eligible programme at MU.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants are expected to have a record of excellent academic performance and, preferably, additional relevant research experience and/or peer-reviewed research activity in line with the University’s scholarship rating guidelines.
Method of Application
- Application Process: Aspiring students must sign up on the university portal and log in to the online application system to apply. The applicants must select the program type of “HDR Project/Supervisor Specific Scholarship” at the start of the application to apply for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official academic transcripts
- Grading scale
- Passport copy
- Research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The minimum overall GPA of the candidate on a scale of 7.0 should be 4.38 to get into a research programme at MU.
- Language Requirements: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL-iBT – 83
- PTE Academic – 58
- Duolingo – 115
- C1A – 180
- C2P – 180
The winning candidates will receive the award in the form of a yearly stipend of $50,045 that will include a base stipend of $28,597 and a top-up stipend of $21,448 along with a tuition fee scholarship and also $1,000 to $10,000 towards research-related activities, such as travel to present at conferences, training, copy editing, thesis production.