With the aim of fostering the education of outstanding and high achieving students, SRK Consulting Inc. is pleased to notify the public about the SRK Graduate International Awards in Canada offered by the University of British Columbia.
The aim of this financial aid positions is to support students from across the globe who wish to start their master’s or doctoral degree studies in mining industry-related areas.
The University of British Columbia was established in 1908, it is a national research university that is ranked among the world’s top 20 public universities. It provides students with a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programmes. By studying here, you will have access to a wide range of courses as well as full guidance from knowledgeable instructors.
Application Deadline: 2nd July 2021
- Provider: SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc.
- Department; NA
- Degree Level: Master’s and Doctoral
- Available Awards: Not Specified
- To be taken at: Canada
- Acceptable Nationalities: Both Home and Overseas students are eligible
- Available Courses: Graduate program assists students undertaking mining industry-related graduate studies including:
- Mining and Mineral Process Engineering
- Exploration and Mining Geology
- Hydro-technical and Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrogeology and Geochemistry
- Tailings and Mine Waste Management
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Admissible Criteria: To be qualified, the candidates must:
- Be accepted to a scientific or engineering MSc or PhD program in Canada that is related to the mining industry
- Have an appropriate undergraduate degree
- Be legally entitled to study in Canada.
- Mode of Application: To take part in this opportunity, you must take admission in the graduate degree coursework at the University in Canada. After getting enrolled, submit the completed application package via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study, a) brief resume (no more than two pages) including work experience details, academic transcripts, written statement (500 words or less) outlining, topic and summary of the intended graduate research, applicability of the research to the mining industry benefit to be obtained from the program, applicant’s desire to work in the mining industry, their information the applicant considers relevant to their application, written recommendations (including contact information) by at least two university or other industry references
- Entrance Requirements: Aspirants are required to check the entry requirements of their preferred program.
- Language Requirement: Candidates whose main language is not English are expected to submit proof of sufficient knowledge in English Language. Check the English Language Requirements section for more details.
The University of British Columbia will provide an award amount of up to $3,000 per term to the successful students.