The G. Unger Vetlesen Foundation is pleased to announce the International Prize in the USA for foreign students who wish to enroll in an undergraduate degree program in any course area they plan to study. The Prize is conducted by the Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory.
The main purpose of this award is to acknowledge deserving students with an award amount of $250,000 and a medal for their undergraduate studies. The award is available for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Vetlesen Prize was founded in the year 1959 by the Foundation Unger Vetlesen. The award is provided for scientific success which promotes the growth of a better understanding of Earth, its past, or its interaction with the planet.
The advantage of applying for this wonderful opportunity is, the Vetlesen Award competition is available to all students from different parts of the world. The Nobel Prize for Earth Science was won by Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory, which is directed by Columbia University.
Application Deadline: Application is Ongoing!
- Provider: The G. Unger Vetlesen Foundation
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: NA
- Value of Award: Sum of $250,000 and a medal
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Mode of Application: Online
- Nationality: International students
- To be taken at : USA
- Acceptable Nationalities: Students from across the globe are eligible for this offer.
- Available Courses: Undergraduate degree program in any course work offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Candidates must submit a previous year’s degree to the foundation in order to be eligible.
Method of Application
- Application Process: To be considered for this opportunity, aspirants are required to take admission in an undergraduate degree course at the Organization.
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants will have to submit their academic transcripts, curriculum vitae, and a copy of passport to the University (Columbia University)
- Entrance Requirements: Interested students applying for this admission are recommended to meet the entry requirements of their desired program.
- Language Requirement: All candidates have to submit proof of their English language proficiency with test scores in TOEFL or IELTS.
The G. Unger Vetlesen Foundation will grant an award amount of $250,000 and a medal to any successful student across the globe.