The University of Melbourne is glad to announce the Schiavon International Award in Australia which is available to cover the study expenses of outstanding and talented students. The programme is accessible to enroll for the academic year 2021/2022.
The Study programme is aimed at helping intelligent and deserving domestic and international students who wish to undertake a postgraduate degree programme at the university in Australia.
The University of Melbourne is a public-spirited university that contributes to society in a variety of ways, including research, learning, teaching, and engagement. It offers a wide range of undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programmes. Students who enroll at this university will receive a world-class education as well as professional prospects in a safe and inviting environment.
Application Deadline: 20 September 2021
- Institution: University of Melbourne
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Masters degree
- Mode of Applying: Online
- Value of Award: $20,000
- To be taken at: Australia.
- Acceptable Nationalities: All countries
- Available Courses: Master of Journalism programs in Language, literature and cultural studies; Performing and visual arts, theatre, film, and television
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this application, you need to be enrolled or enrolling in the 150-point or 200-point Master of Journalism or Master of International programs at the University of Melbourne.
Method of Application
- Application Process: There is no separate application for this award, students will be considered automatically after enrolling in the master’s degree programme at the university. Then they should complete the online application form for the opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: As part of your application applicants must submit copies of project proposal of up to 400-words for a major piece of journalism in any format, which is achievable and is able to be published in The Citizen and possibly co-published with other media outlets;
- A statement of up to 100-words outlining the applicant’s journalistic ambitions and how they are exploring opportunities in the profession
- Entrance Requirements: To gain admission the applicant must have a previous year degree before applying for the grant.
- Language Requirement: Please check the English Language Requirements of the University of Melbourne.
The University of Melbourne will provide up to $20,000 to the selected candidates for master of Journalism programs.